Sleeping on your stomach (the basics)
Let's be honest, it is one of the least preferred methods for your body, although some of us know what we like and getting enough sleep is more important!
Luckily, there are ways to make front sleeping better for your body.
Ensure that your spine is in a neutral position
- Ensure your pillow is as flat and thin as possible. This reduces strain on your neck and compression in your back.
- Try to minimize head twist relative to your spine. If you can position your head to face into the pillow as much as possible that helps.
- Try to mix-up facing both directions to maintain balance.
- Some people suggest a thin pillow under your abdomen to lift the body up and minimize pressure on your spine.
Hacks you may not have thought of
- Choose a pillow with tapered edges, this allows you to angle your head forwards into the mattress and reduce the twist on your neck.
- A softer pillowcase made from bamboo blends or silk helps minimize the likelihood of wrinkling your face.
- The softer your mattress the more your body will sink pushing your head upwards out of neutral position.
Benefits of stomach sleeping
- Easier breathing
- Least likely position for snoring.
- Sometimes you just need to sleep however feels comfortable.
- Can apply a compressive force on the spine.
- Can apply a twist or poor alignment of the spine and neck.
- Can promote wrinkles in the face (see pillowcase hack)
Why we created a Stomach Sleeping Pillow
At Blissbury, one of our Founders is a stomach sleeper. After years of unsuccessfully looking for the right pillow and years of research, he personally worked with pillow designers to develop the Blissbury Stomach and Back Sleeping Pillow. Also our core belief is that a good sleep makes you happier, more energetic, and helps you live a better life.
It includes all of the critical features mentioned above that are key to sleeping on your stomach:
- Thin and flat to minimize pressure on your neck and spine
- Tapered edges to minimize head twist
- Soft case to minimize wrinkles on the face
- Supportive enough to prevent you sinking through the pillow
- Combine all this with our premium gel-infused cooling memory foam and ventilation holes to give you a cool comfortable night's sleep.
Invest in better sleep, your neck and your comfort today!
Try the Blissbury Stomach and Back Sleeping Pillow, if you don't like it return it with 30 days for a refund :) That's our promise to help you find the right pillow!